CSOs INVOLVEMENT; Ok then, how do we better place ourselves as CSOs to participate in the National Environment Day celebrations?
- Participate, mobilize and facilitate the undertakings that different institutions have organized. For example the ENR CSO Sub national platformsthat were established and are now functional under the CARE FOREST GOVERNANCE programme will hold interactive radio talk shows in their respective districts in the week beginning 1stJune, focusing on local issues in relation to the WED theme -2015. Topics on several issues such as: Biodiversity loss, Illegal timber harvesting, Natural resource governance will be discussed. Participation of CSOs, Local Government (Forestry/Environment officer) and Forest adjacent community representatives or Private sector is expected. The specifics of these arrangements are as follows;
- Buliisa will hold a radio talk show on 4th June on King FM in Masindi at 8pm – 9pm. Focus will be collaboration and coordination as a tool for good governance of our limited Resource in the district.
- Hoima will hold a radio talk show on 5th June on Community Radio in Hoima at 1pm – 2pm. Focus will be state of environment in the district, in the face of an escalating population and how sustained development can be achieved.
- Kiryandongo will hold a radio talk show on 4th June on BBS FM in Masindi. Focus will be alarming levels of forest depletion arising from illegal timber harvesting and charcoal burning. The time for the programme will be shared as soon as it is fixed.
- Kabarole will hold a radio talk show on 4th June on KRC FM in Kabarole. The programme time and topical issue will be shared in due time.
- Masindi will hold a radio talk show on 12th June on Bunyoro Broadcasting Station in Masindi at 8:30pm – 9:30pm. Focus will be collaboration and coordination as a tool for good governance of our limited Resource in the district.
- Participate in the exhibition to commemorate WED at Sacred Heart Kiteredde Senior Secondary School, Kyotera Town Council, in Rakai District; beginning at 9:00 am. Confirm with Eva Wamala of NEMA on Tel. 251064/5/8; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integrate environment issues linking them to the theme of celebration for this year in your running media programmes. Seek to involve relevant bodies to scrutinize selected themes ranging from forestry, wetlands.
- Watch out for more details on WED activities on this site such as Climate Action Network Uganda (CAN-U) National Environment Week, KCCA Environmental Forum, and National Youth Climate Change Forum.